There are many factors to consider when choosing the best folding bike for your needs. The best folding bike for someone might not be the best one for you. This is because some people prefer lightweight folding bike so they can fold it and bring it with them anywhere easily. For some others, size or weight might not be that important but comfort is essential. And for some price or value for money could be the deciding factor in making the decision of which folding bike to purchase. Myself personally weigh several factors and come up with my own best personal choice of folding bike (keep reading till the end to find out which one). But you will find the most useful and informative folding bike reviews on the net here (bold claim I know but prove me wrong :-)).
Because there are so many factors to consider, there is no single best folding bike that fits everyone. The good news is, my hard work for months in hunting the best folding bicycle did not go wasted. I have compiled the folding bike ultimate buying guide comparison chart which has helped me in making my decision of which bicycle to buy. And it is available for free to everyone looking for help and guidance to buy a folding bike, right on this very page.
The chart is shown below and it weighs in the top ten most important factors for a folding bike:
- Wheel size
- Size when folded
- Easiness to fold
The last five criteria cannot really be quantified so they are only scored based on scale of 1 to 5 (1= lowest score, 5 = highest). You can however find the review for each single bike on each of these criteria, and they are taken into account when calculating the overall final score.
The overall score is based on calculation of all the factors above. The scores range from:
- 1 star: Never buy no matter what
- 1.5 stars: Don’t buy unless you have money to burn
- 2 stars: Only buy if you are really desperate
- 2.5 stars: Consider to buy, especially if within your budget and other options are out of your budget
- 3 stars: Okay. Can be considered but do not expect something extraordinary
- 3.5 stars: Pretty good. Average folding bike okay for daily use
- 4 stars: Good. A bit above the other average folding bikes
- 4.5 stars: Very good. Great bike with more features or benefits above the average folding bike
- 5 stars: Best of the best. Definitely buy if budget allows.
If you are looking for particular trait of a folding bike (eg. cheapest folding bike), simply look at the price row to find the one that you need.
Without further ado, here is your ultimate folding bike reviews / buying guide chart:
This chart will be updated regularly as new reviews are added to this site. So come back often if you have not found your dream folding bike yet.
I hope these folding bike reviews can help you in finding your dream folding bike.
Oh, and my personal favourite? It was Montague Paratrooper Folding Mountain Bike.
How to fold and unfold a folding bike